Wednesday, October 8, 2008

A Short Time for Us

Tag!!
20 YEARS AGO...

1. I was working in a law office for Craig Coburn and Jane Allen and getting ready to quit and stay home when I had Miranda in about a month. Mike was going to school at BYU and working at UPS.
2. We had just bought our house in Midvale.
3. Matea was 8 and had been baptized, Marisa was 6, Merridee 2 and Miranda on the way.

10 YEARS AGO...
1. I was doing almost the same thing that I am now. I was working in a law office in Richfield. Mike was a project manager at UDOT.
2. Matea was almost 19 and going to school at Snow College. Marisa and Michael were newly married. Merridee was 12 and Miranda almost 10. McKade was 5 years old.
3. We had been in our house in Monroe for about a year after living in Richfield for two years.

5 YEARS AGO...
1. Still pretty much the same as 10 years ago and now. I worked at the law office and Mike at UDOT.
2. Mike was the bishop of our ward.
3. We had four grandchildren, McKenna, Brecken, Lainee and Miles.
4. Mike and I went to Hawaii to celebrate our 25th anniversary. It was GREAT!!!

3 YEARS AGO...
1. Still pretty much the same, same jobs, house, etc.
2. We had added one more grandchild (Brigham) at this point
3. We went to San Diego on a trip.
4. I started doing the Block of the Month quilting classes at the fabric store and really got into quilting.


1 YEAR AGO...
1. Same jobs, same house, same everything pretty much
2. Merridee and Ben had been married almost a year.
3. My last daughter graduated from high school and left home to go to college.
4. I was losing my mind trying to get the family Christmas party all planned because our family was in charge. Mike, Rickie and Ben all learned how to quilt this year. (We have pictures, if anyone needs proof of that!)
5. McCall was about six months old and we hadn't got to see her nearly enough and we were making quilts and getting ready for the surprise baby, Bridger (so we had to do girl and boy quilts.)

THIS YEAR...
1. Mike and I will celebrate our 30th wedding anniversary.
2. My baby started high school. Where did those years go?
3. We hope Michael and Marisa will get to move closer to home. He will be done with law school in December.
4. I want to finish my snowman quilt that we have been doing in our ward block of the month (only one more row.)

YESTERDAY...
1. I worked at the law office.
2. I picked all of my tomatoes that were red in case it froze.
3. I canned a batch of salsa and a batch of tomatoes.
4. I did about four batches of laundry.
5. McKade went to do baptisms for the dead in the Manti Temple.

TODAY...
1. I worked. Mike sat in meetings all day, from 7:00 to 7:00, but didn't make it to his Lion's Club Meeting.
2. I came home and cleaned house and put out a few of my fall decorations.
3. I babysat Matea's kids for awhile.
4. I ran McKade back and forth to the high school four times.
5. I picked Brecken up and took her to school this morning.
6. I actually sat down to try to learn and do something with my blog.

TOMORROW...
1. I am going to work.
2. I am going to do one final batch (I hope) of salsa.
3. Hopefully, I will get a little more cleaning done.
4. We have our ward block of the month class.

NEXT YEAR...
1. I would love to accomplish a few projects around the house that need doing.
2. I would love to lose some weight, but don't hold your breath.
3. Do better at reading my scriptures.
4. Throw away alot of junk.
5. Finish some craft projects, or get rid of them.

I tag Cherish, Tina, Cheryl and Alane.

2 comments:

Michael and Marisa said...

I am glad you got the blog going! It looks way cute!!

Alane said...

Kudos on the blogging! So cute! Glad to have you out here in "blog land"! Ok, then I will get busy on My tag....love Alane